How To Use Laptop As Monitor For PS4? Explained In Detail
In this article, you will come to know how to use laptop as monitor for PS4.
There are many ways gaming enthusiasts can follow their passion for gaming, whether building a high-end desktop PC, purchasing a gaming laptop, buying an XBOX or PlayStation, or starting with a more modest system.
PlayStations are becoming more popular these days. They work great for gaming and desktop PC substitutes.
You cannot move a PlayStation from place to place, but if you have an old laptop collecting dust, you can use its LCD as a display for your PS4.
In the following sections, I’ve listed some of the simplest & quickest ways to connect your PS4 to your laptop.
How to Use Laptop As Monitor for PS4
Connecting a laptop to a PS4 directly using an HDMI cable is impossible. Most laptop HDMI ports function in output mode. Nothing will happen if they are connected.
Here are a few ways to connect a laptop as a monitor with PS4:
- Using a capture card to connect a laptop to a PS4 as a monitor.
- The PS remote play app connects a laptop to a PS4 as a monitor.
Using a capture card to connect a laptop to a PS4 as a monitor
An efficient way to deliver video streams to a PC, laptop, or external monitor is to use a capture card.
Now the question comes, how to use laptop as monitor for PS4?
Connecting some cables to the capture card from PS4 and a laptop is simple. You need to follow the following steps:
- Use the provided cable to connect the USB Type-A capture card port to the laptop. There is software that you must install with every capture card.
- Turn on file sharing from the PS4 settings menu. Your laptop will get detected if connected to the same network.
- Using the provided HDMI cable, connect the HDMI output pin of the PlayStation 4 to the HDMI input pin of the capture card.
- Now you can see the display of PlayStation 4 on your laptop screen using the capture card software on your laptop.
There are many capture cards available on the market, but not all of them provide good display quality, so if you’re looking for the best one, check this one out – Click here
Connecting laptop as a monitor for PS4 using PS Remote Play app
How to use laptop as monitor for PS4 using the PS Remote Play app?
Using a PS4 Remote Play app from Sony is one of the easiest ways to use a laptop as a monitor with the PS4.
Firstly, you must download the application from the PS4 official website by clicking here. Then, you must follow these steps carefully:
- Go to “Control your PS4 from a Windows PC” option once you have opened the link provided above:
Install the application by clicking on “Install the app” button and accepting the terms and conditions.
- Let the Remote Play application install on the PS4 console. Once installed, select the “Allow the remote play connection” option.
- Log in to your PS4 account settings and set it to “Active as primary”. Check for updates & then update the console’s software.
- Both the laptop and PS4 must be connected to the same network. Then, turn on the “Enabling Turning On PS4 from network” option from the “Set Features Available in Rest Mode” option.
- Log in to the PS Remote Play application on your laptop using the same account you used on your PlayStation 4:
Once the application detects your PS4 account, it will automatically set up the display on your laptop. Now connect your controller to your laptop and start playing.
Points to remember while using PS4 remote play application
The following are the restrictions on using Remote Play:
- While using Remote Play, you cannot play music on Spotify.
- Some games may not be playable via Remote Play.
- You cannot broadcast your gameplay or share your screen using Remote Play.
- Remote Play doesn’t support virtual reality.
Check Video 1 on how to use laptop as monitor for PS4 – Click here
Check Video 2 on how to use laptop as monitor for PS4 – Click here
Check Video 3 on how to use laptop as monitor for PS4 – Click here
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions) on How to Use Laptop As Monitor for PS4
1. Can I use my laptop as a screen for PS4?
Yes, you can utilize your laptop as a screen for PS4.
2. How to use laptop as monitor for PS4 with HDMI?
You need an HDMI cable to connect your PS4 to the capture card and a USB cable to connect the capture card to laptop. After you’ve set everything up, start streaming the PS4 on your laptop using the software with your capture card.
3. Must I use Remote Play to play PS4 games on my laptop?
No, you shouldn’t use Remote play to play PS4 games on your laptop. Instead, you can use two methods, HDMI and video capture card, to get games on your laptop as a monitor.
Using the HDMI route, you must connect through the Remote Play app. You don’t have to install the Remote Play app if you have a video capture card.
4. Does the PS4 run on a laptop smoothly?
You cannot use your laptop as a ps4 games monitor unless you use it as the monitor. You must use an HDMI or video capture card to accomplish this.
You can install PlayStation Remote Play on your laptop and connect it to your PS4 to play PS4 games on your computer. This is the same as using a PS Vita.
Remember that you must have a strong internet connection to minimize or eliminate the lag between the controller and your laptop.
5. How to know if my laptop has an HDMI input or output?
Laptops have a specific video input configuration. Therefore, they can only receive video signals from the motherboard. Finding an HDMI input on a computer is difficult because of the complexities involved in getting it right.
Laptop displays only have input when it comes to video, HDMI, or VGA output because the chipset of your laptop is the only thing connecting the display to the laptop.
Most laptops don’t have an HDMI input, but they do have an HDMI output. Because taking your computer apart and connecting the screen directly is not an option. Therefore, HDMI input is not common on laptops, but HDMI output is.
- 8 Best 240 Hz Monitor In 2022 [Tested & Compared]
- 12 Best Vertical Monitor To Gain More Productivity
- 11 Best Monitor for Eye Strain: How to Prevent Computer Eye Strain
- IPS vs LED Monitor: Which One is Best For You?
Summary: How to Use Laptop as Monitor for PS4
PS4s are one of the most popular gaming consoles among game enthusiasts.
However, you must purchase a TV for PS4 if your old laptop’s LCD is still working correctly. You can utilize it as a PS4 monitor permanently if you have one.
I’ve described the two best possible ways to connect a laptop to a PS4 as a monitor.
I hope this article on “how to use laptop as monitor for PS4’ is helpful for you!
Share your opinions in the comments section! Thank you!